AZFO Achievement Award
Deadline for nominations: July 31, 2019
The Arizona Field Ornithologists has established an Achievement Award Program to recognize those who have made a significant contribution to Arizona's ornithological knowledge, and/or promoted the value of birds, both aesthetic and economic.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate and rank nominees for the Achievement Award. The accomplishments of nominees need not pertain to all criteria.
- Nominee has initiated and/or conducted long-term studies to monitor the distribution and status of birds in Arizona.
- Nominee has authored/coauthored popular and/or scientific books and/or other publications on some aspect of birds in Arizona.
- Nominee has encouraged young people to become interested in birds and/or afforded continuous inspiration for youth to engage birds in Arizona.
- Nominee has promoted the public interest in and appreciation for the aesthetic, economic, ecological, or scientific value of birds.
- AZFO membership: past or current members of AZFO will be given priority over non-members in cases where nominees are equal in ranking, but those that are not or never have been members of AZFO will not be excluded from consideration for an achievement award.
- Any person(s) in the state may submit a nomination to the AZFO Awards Committee and any individual deemed to meet the criteria may be nominated.
- All nominations will be reviewed by the Awards Committee. A majority vote will select a recipient from the nominees who meet the above criteria. The Awards Committee may seek additional information about a nominee from the person(s) who submitted the original nomination.
- The Awards Committee may make a recommendation to the AZFO president for one or more candidate recipients each year, and it may decide not to make a recommendation every year.
- Awards nominations must be received by 31 July 2018.
Please submit a Word document with the following information:
1. Name of Nominee:
2. Address, Phone, and E-mail of Nominee:
3. Name, Address, Phone, and E-mail of Nominator(s):
4. Name(s), Address, Phone, and E-Mail of up to three people who are familiar with the nominee's work:
5. Describe the nominee’s accomplishments per the criteria listed above, and the time period over which their contributions were made:
Feel free to add additional pages if necessary. Please send completed form to: Rich Glinski, Awards Committee Chair; email: rich.glinskiATgmail.com or PO Box 243, Arivaca, AZ 85601.
|Photo by Doug Jenness
In recognition of 60 years helping to advance an understanding and appreciation of birds in Arizona, and being a source of inspiration to hundreds of young birders.
Send completed forms to:
Awards Committee Chairperson
PO Box 243, Arivaca, AZ 85601.