Field Expeditions, workshops, and other sponsored events
Detailed announcements will be sent to AZFO members about one month in advance of each Field Expedition. Here are brief summaries – mark your calendars now! (TBD = To Be Determined, AT=@)
December 8 - AZFO Workshop: Christmas Bird Count Tips and Techniques- “Making your annual CBC experience even better”
The workshop will be in Phoenix and presented by
Troy Corman- contact him at plomado02 AT gmail.com
Recent Expedition Summaries
Summaries Archive here
AZFO Field Expeditions NOT your typical birding field trip
So what is the difference between a birding field trip and an AZFO Field Expedition?
- Field Expeditions are organized with a specific purpose and data-gathering goal in mind.
- Typically, they will be located in little-known or under-birded areas where the seasonal status of birds is incomplete.
- Also different from typical birding field trips, most expeditions will be two or more days long and all participants do not remain together.
- Participants are divided into several teams, each with a qualified leader, which conduct surveys in different areas during the day.
- Normally, all participants will reconvene during lunch or dinner at a base camp or at other designated locations to review what was discovered.